Sunday, May 27, 2007
Michael Jackson
I don't think we really uderstand what MJ has done in terms of entertainment...sometimes I wonder what he has really done to be this significant in the history of music and entertainment. I mean I am not sure how much of his sucess and popularity is based on his vocals but as a performer i think he has been the most influential of all times...His name and music has reached places that himself has not heard of...in the most remote villages of middle east, Africa, Asia, europe and every where else...He is like Charlie Chaplin except for his skills are in a different area...It is unbelievable how people who don't even speak english are crazy about MJ and they know his name and what he does...don't get me wrong I am hardly a music fan or MJ fan...But I do admire artists like Charlie Chaplin and MJ for their influential work or personality or whatever makes them unique...not even madonna or Elvis or any of today's artists have the fame and popularity that MJ has had for a few decades now universally...I wonder how much of it is because of his television appearances and his looks (as some people say weird looks)...I wonder if no one knew what he looked like or how he danced he would still be this popular...it really makes us wonder if people still think about music in the same way as they did before the emergence of television..maybe not because we are living in a visual world and everything needs to be visually justified to us...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment