I like to look at webcomics as a kind of blog (well, many of them anyhow). There's a lot of social commentary and popular culture used as subject
Both of these comics discuss the culture and ideologies surrounding music (primarily 'indie' music, especially in in Questionable Content) in a way that could even be considered analytical, although the purpose each time is (at least superficially) to make a joke. It it clear that the writers of these comics have a good understanding of the 'scene' that they're lampooning as the humour stems from intelligent observations that both writer and reader would have to have some level of background knowledge to understand and appreciate.
From these comics as a whole, I've selected two specific strips that I think illustrate the level of thought
I think that the use of comics and humour to discuss this is both appropriate and ironic, being that the discussion is about pop-culture and webcomics are exactly that. I don't think that simply writing an article would have the same impact that the comics are providing as the visuals supply additional points of interest that will help snatch the readers interest.
No comments:
Post a Comment