After a little squiz on the official official website I learnt the man behind this creativity is Danny Elfman, yes the same Danny Elfman that was accountable for Spiderman, Batman and Edward Scissorhands. AND if that doesn’t impress you I know what will.
Da da-da da da da-da dadadadada.
That’s right, you guessed it.
Danny Elfman is the man behind one of the most recognisable theme songs The Simpsons.
In Desperate Housewives Elfman’s music is relied upon heavily to portray the narratives ironic storylines and shaded character secrets. Something it accomplishes most effectively. But is it perhaps a little too repetitive? I feel the surreal and odd music does not always work and becomes somewhat tiring after fifty minutes of viewing time. Now, I know I’m sounding a bit like my father here who has been known from time to time to comment on the inane violin plucking when he is forced to watch his daughters TV choices, but perhaps dad has a point. Sure it serves its purpose in suspending the narrative but with a little more variety (without changing the style) do you not feel that some episodes could benefit more? All I am suggesting is that perhaps Elfman needs a little kick in the comfortable piano stool bottom in order to bring us a little diversity.
No comments:
Post a Comment