In one of the last readings for this course (The Growth of Self-Produced Media Content and the Challenge to Media Studies by David Croteau) I found a couple of points quite interesting. Croteau mentions that with the growth of digital technologies and its increasingly affordability,
“…in the future a significant part of a persons media diet originate with small independent producer rather than with large commercial media corporations.”
I began to think about how this related to me and found that personally I would agree. I find that a substantial amount of my media diet would be sitting in front of my computer surfing the web checking out what’s on youtube etc… Especially as I cant afford sky and a great deal of what is on TV I find to be rubbish. Secondly Croteau suggests that as more and more people become comfortable with ideas about digital technologies then we will see an increase in a variety of genres and styles of self produced media. I for one am looking forward to discovering what new and exciting things will come out of this new type of media.
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment