I've spend some time to watch the movie 'Sid&Nancy' this week, a frantic love story of Sid (from Sex Pistols) and his girlfriend Nancy. I am quite impressed with the movie and I think the movie has depicted the psychological factors very well. Especially I was quite touched by the ending part, where Sid dances (disco) while eating the pizza.
1979. Era of Punk was fading and the new disco era was coming.
The rejection, rebellion,
Passion for the Punk,
Anarchism,
sneering at the Queen.
Passion for the Punk,
Anarchism,
sneering at the Queen.
They were all sinked into the logic of commercialisation and the Punk was dying.
Somewhere in the movie Malcolm the manager, talks about Sid. I can't remember exactly but he said something like "Sid is the symbol of our band and the metaphor".
Actually Sid was not good at playing the instruments at all, but his image itself was so much coincided with Sex Pistols, the punk band. It is quite possible that this is the reason he could survive as a member of the band.
Actually Sid was not good at playing the instruments at all, but his image itself was so much coincided with Sex Pistols, the punk band. It is quite possible that this is the reason he could survive as a member of the band.
Maybe, I reckon,
Sid himself was the icon of "commecialised punk".
Which is really... ironical.
Sid himself was the icon of "commecialised punk".
Which is really... ironical.
No comments:
Post a Comment