Just a brief intro... I absolutely love the book/movie High Fidelity, this love is heightened by Bruce Springsteen's cameo as I am also a huge fan of The Boss. Anyways..
I love the characters of Rob and Barry and completely agree with Rob's comments about how key the arrangement of a mix tape and the type of songs that feature on a mix tape can make an ordinary compilation extraordinary. I used to make mix tapes all the time when I was younger, but have now opted for the mix CD variety. I am not as pedantic as Rob with music but do believe a well thought out mix CD can be a powerful gift! Perhaps my "fetish" is not as strong as the character of Rob but whenever I make a mix CD I always think of the order and flow of the music and what and who the CD is for. Its a process I go through no matter how quickly I'm making a CD although until the lecture on Wednesday I had never really thought about it. For example I could never randomly put say a drum and bass song followed by a really mellow pop song, there would have to be a transition from upbeat to low-key or at least some similarity between the genres say drum and bass and then dub. I'm not sure whether everyone does this or whether this is just me but the lecture pointed out this potentially strange habit of mine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment