Hands up if you feel a bit lost when you get on the bus and realise that you left your ipod at home. Well, this was the case with me this morning - I missed out on nearly an hour of blissful escapism - of total enjoyment of being in my own little world - and I was highly annoyed at the guy next to me with the crappy head phones with the tinny arse sound coming out of them. Then, I looked a little closer and i realised that I was one of the very few people that weren't 'plugged in'... what a bus full of robots! I noticed the way people handled their ipods - touching them with such love and obsession that it kind of made me a little sick...
Ipods are the new record collection - and I bet that some people care about their ipods just as much as Seymour cares about his record collection in ghost world. I wonder if some obsessed ipod lovers will not be able to have relationships because of their ipods? I can see this happening - The obsessed ipod lover would probably want to listen to their ipod than converse with a friend/lover in public...
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Fetishism - objects are taking over our lives!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment