Saturday, May 26, 2007

Morphing, what I think Sandywell and Beer have to say

Today I shall discuss the reader in a little depth for a wee bit, correct me if I get anything wrong

as the Article states it is not a beginning perception of it as a whole but a critic of the culture it is coming from, I agree with the beginning ideas of what the world is changing into now days , the music is a reflection of the ever changing world we live in. thanks to technology there is now a chance for the musicians to conduct 'Playful experimentation' with the sounds they are offered. I am in a little disagreement with this idea as for the most part these people are taking sounds from other performers that would spend a long time creating this music and these mixers just take the sound and create something new from it.

This piece then goes onto talk about political control of media control I believe so this is a retaliation of the spirit of music, use to be for the masses and now being for those with contracts. sort of Punk movement from what I gather from lecture to create one's new sound (from the film this week a guy even took sounds from all sorts of natural things like doors slamming and cats for his own piece of music, highlighting that music is everywhere and now we have post analogue recording technology we can use them to bring our imagination to life

The essay also says the idea of sub genres that all the morphing of music to be created as we are not stuck in strict styles of music and that is how all music has evoloved. it is thanks to Morphing all music has changed through the years and with out it we we would all be stcuk with music from the stonge ages since today's mixers are doing nothing different then the people who invented the Piano or the Violin.

well that is it for now
cheers
simonL

No comments: