Hi everyone, I just saw a Japanese horror film called “Chakushin ari” or “one missed call” yesterday. The film is all about cell phone. People mysteriously start receiving a strange message from the future with a terrific ringtone. Anyone who gets this message would die in several days mystically. Therefore, all the characters consider that ringtone as the premonition of death. After watching, I kind of had some new thoughts of movie soundtrack. Compare with other genres, music usually plays a more significant role in the horror movies. Take this film as an example, although there are a few horrible scenes when the evil spirit comes out, the most impressive element still is the ringtone. Even several hours after you watch the film, you cannot get that weird tone out of your mind. I guess this is what director want. In horror movies, some suitable music and sound effects are necessary. They may create the ambience and evoke audiences’ emotion. Apart from the strong visual impact, a good horror film would take its impressive soundtrack as its secondary weapon to achieve the goal of scariness.

By the way, I downloaded that ringtone to my cellphone as an incoming tone. But my roommate finally get annoyed. : ) I have to change it now. Anyway, I still think it is a really good tone. Anyone who is interested in the film or the ringtone can check it out. Click
here Jxu063
No comments:
Post a Comment