Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Once More, With Feeling.

Hi everybody.

Some people were having major problems with the songs I uploaded before, and it turns out that my comrades running the webspace moved everything over to a new server and they were thus Not Working.

It's fixed now, or should be, so here are the links again.

Kevin Quain and the Mad Bastards - Mister Valentine's Dead

Kevin Quain and the Mad Bastards - The Bells of Hell.

- Kevin.

1 comment:

Feeonaa said...

Hi Kevin as this is a music/film course (in no particular order) I am going to comment on the imaginary or digetic (?)- new word for me, visions I am getting from this music.
Firstly its surely whatever you want it to be...For example its definetely music you can get your girlfriend drunk on. With background music like this when you're buying her drinks she won't be able to tell whether her head swirling is the drink, or the insessant whirrrrling drone of the vocals. Drones in musical terms by the way often have a trance inducing quality common to many cultures around the world - from the negro spiritual right through to Central Aboriginal Digiridoo musicmaking...So think soulful whitemans roots music for a possible generalisation about it...

As for the pogues comments(check your spelling) yep You'd be forgiven for thinking it was Shane McGowan (lead singer of the pogues with that gravelly voice)...but now to some trivia!
The pogues came to settle on this name only after it was realised their original name 'Pogue mo Shone' actually meant "Kiss my Arse" in gaelic..so that's that for ya...?
But back to the music/film visions...
Its almost the kinda music you play when you're in the hospitality industry and you want to get the punter's out of your establishment pretty quick...You know like "we're closing now, my feet are killing me , drink up ya tossers I want to go home" kinda music so I'd probably use this music with descretion...However if the rpm was slightly faster and it started turning into a bit of a jig well then I'd probably be hanging out for a bit more. - But that's another story to do with
m-o-t-i-o-n -------------another dimension in this audio visual construct we are immersed in. Peace