I think for singers and actors, to be able to sing and act is not the only thing you need to survive in the famous world ..... you need to know how to dress....
fasion is being criticised so much, on tv, magazine, there are ratings and even so called fasion designers to judge others. basically, i think famous people look good because of 3 main reasons.
1- they have outfit assistance/slave to put together outfit for them, or even go shopping for them. therefore, its not their origin, not their idea and not their style.
2- they have big brands and designs to sponsor when attending occasions in the piblics, therefore, poor ordinary people like us don't get freebies like that to look good.
3- some critics to them, they get highly paid trainer to get them into the shape they are in. i believe you all seen those ugly without make up photos when they are not on tours or filming, therefore, again, it is expensive enough to join gym.........not talking about having trainers stand by.
this trend confused the blurred the focus or real talent. singers are often packaged when new album is out, and sometimes, the costumes became the main catchy strategy to attract consumers.
For example, Gwen Stefani - when she was in no doubt, her talent and voice was the reasons the album sole so well. Although after she became solo, her album selling was even bigger and better but her voice is not the focus anymore. shes name fasion icon and won awards for best dress....... and she even has her own brand L.A.M.B launching clothes and accessories. I still think shes a talented and wonderful singer, but its not concentrated by record companies, as well as consumers.
Somehow, i think it is a shame how consumers lost the focus and shame on those poeple who use this blind point to attract attention, popularity and money.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes I definitely agree that fashion choices are part of a singer or band's success, but they are often a huge part of the appeal.
I personally don't think this a bad thing at all. I HATE quite a lot of Gwen Stefani's music but I would still like to see her in concert mainly so I could see all the different outfits she wears. I would also like to see Christina Aguilera to see if would pull on her chaps or not that she is married and 'classy'.
Music and fashion have always gone hand in hand and even people you would think to be 'anti fashion' like Bob Dylan are still deemed retro style icons in Vogue despite the fact he might detest such a title.
Also I think if you watch one of No Doubts early videos like this one it's obvious she's always had an interest in fashion and her style is still quite similar. It's just now her budget is ten times bigger, she has better taste and it's no longer the mid 90s.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=welnlg3svTw
Post a Comment