I want to talk about something that was discussed along time ago and that was the MTV music Video topic, obviously I had a while to think on the matter so I was reviewing the music video shown in class "I want my MTV" I believe it was.
I say this is a bitter sweet pill to swallow for the reviewing if you are to say it is a celebration of the MTV culture. A point missed int he class at the time tho I am sure it has been risen since is that this is the first piece of Computer Generated Imaged animated film in the Western World for the purpose of the technology advancement of music videos. The way we are shown the song is the observers of music videos with the two guys watching and the dog being the outsiders watching in on the TV screens seeing the future looking on us as the computer is symbol of the future back in the 80's so seeing people looking back of how great MTV is by having this computer world reflexing back just that it is the form of current people, but hey by judging the time of the video they looked pretty cool
but people looking from the outside is how the song came about. Dire Straits were in a bar once and a group of repair men noticed Sting and the Police were on TV and a guy yelled out "look at that ****** singing..." so Dire Straits took that conversation and formed the song, this could be a critique of how the performers on the channel are viewed by the public
overall the video can be seen in the two ways, celebration as the future looks back at us and then current people looking at it today can be seen as a bad thing
well that is all I have to say on it
cheers for reading
Simon L
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment