Wednesday, May 2, 2007

A Hard Day's reflection

Since I used the Beatles' A Hard Day's Night for part of my Essay I managed to pick up a little more insight into the film and I want to express some of my views on the film here (warning this may make the Beatles look bad but I swear that is not my intent)

This Film is a brilliant film and I throughly enjoyed it, often doing a jig in my seat as I watched it in the AV library but I have to talk about the scene where George mocks the fashion trend setters. I must of been the only one who saw this and sort of laughed at the double meaning. George is making a mockery of people trying to manufacture trends in the world and yet the Beatles themselves had a huge crew to do the same thing for them. the film itself seemed to be a trendy way to promote the album to go with it. The Beatles did originally set themselves as the 'Fab 4' back in Liverpool and I am sure they were the ones that ultimately agreed to everything but once they became as famous as they did they required similar people to work for them, like setting up dates for their tours and photo ops.

When I saw this scene I was thinking that even though the Beatles were the top of fashion but he sits there and mocks 'nobodies' setting up next season's looks and he sends them to the cleaners surely they should of thought of the people thew Beatles had hired to make sure that they were still the top band next season doing the same sort of thing

what I am trying to say is that the Beatles may tried to mock manufactured fashion and 'Cool' as people tried to predict fashion world and was saying the Beatles didn't need that in the film but in reality they did to plan how to market the band and keep them at the top

anyways that is all I have to say that
cheers
Simon L

No comments: