
The Boogie Nights Soundtrack is really a must-own simply for the opening track of 'Feel The Heat' where Dirk Diggler and Reed Rothchild record their hit and "lay it down". It's high comedy. Leonardo DiCaprio was originally offered the role of Dirk Diggler but turned it down because he had already signed on to do Titanic (1997). But he suggested Mark Wahlberg for the role and who knew that Wahlberg could act so well. Also, Gwyneth Paltrow was originally offered the role of Rollergirl but turned it down. After seeing the movie Boogie Nights and also Magnolia I became an instant fan of director P.T. Anderson and vowed to watch every one of his movies. But then he did Punch-Drunk Love so now I blame everything on Adam Sandler.
The choice for the box set is the Commodore funk hit 'Machine Gun' I love the scene in the movie where Dirk is basically line-dancing to this song and it's impossible to listen to this and not feel better. This actually was the Commodores' first single from Motown records and it peaked at number seven staying in the charts for 15 weeks. This marked the early days for the Commodores before they had visions of adult contemporary singles and before Lionel Richie could even dream of a solo career.
My favorite quote:Buck Swope: See this system here? This is Hi-Fi... high fidelity. What that means is that it's the highest quality fidelity. It has the TK-421 modification which gives it 4 quads per channel. So basically you get twice the bass with the TK-421. You got yourself a system here....Customer: Well, I don't know if I'm going to need all that bass.Buck: Oh......I think you'll need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment