I have never been a huge visitor to youtube.com (mainly because I get so frustrated with how long it takes to download) but this last week I have put that behind me waited patiently. To my surprise I came across some interesting new media styles. For example…
I am not a huge ‘gamer’ but I have enjoyed the odd Eminem track and therefore had a look. I found it interesting how a video game would incorporate such accessibility to character and camera movements, which can be so easily cut out and re-edited together using accessible and affordable editing software to create an entirely new text. After watching a few, I found that most of them rely heavily on the lyrics of the song to match up with the images in the game (or vice versa). While this might be an obvious observation and possibly a very simplistic technique it didn’t hinder me finding it to be aesthetically interesting even for someone who has never seen the game before.
At the end of the day this sort of material will probably appeal mostly to those who associate themselves with the game World of Warcraft but perhaps it may lead to more experimentation and creativity that will appeal more across the board.
Monday, April 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment