Thursday, March 1, 2007

The First Appearance of YouTube on the Blog.



This is a music video for a band called OK Go, and might have gone up on the FTVMS203 blog last semester. I first encountered the video last year and thought it was very cool, and since then I've been vaguely aware of how much additional airtime the band has been getting based on its popularity. I heard them on The Rock last week, and considering they started as a shoestring Scandinavian band, I decided this demonstrated some of the power of YouTube for promotion.

And, as a secondary factor, it's a cool video to start with.

[This also counts as a test to see if the new blogger code will play nice with embedded video.]

- Kevin.

3 comments:

simon b said...

tried to embed from youtube but it didnt like the html. maybe you cant put videos in comments. anyone know if i'm doing something wrong?

anyway ill go ahead with just the URL: www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbdbVhBGETQ

this was their first one i think. it ended up going viral and turning up in the inboxs of every graphic designer in the free world. I like this song better than the second one but they are still kind of a boy band for people who wear vintage clothes. nothing wrong with that tho ;-]

rochelle said...

i love this video it shows how video movement, in this case choreography, contributes to the impact of the music. they previewved this choreography at the mtv awards maybe last year and i think that without this visual rhythm, routine and ingenuity of using treadmills, the music wouldnt have been as much of a hit. let alone viewed in its entirety. i guess this is an example of the importance of the visual music

Michelle H said...

Just adding to Rochelle's comment, I find that it is definitely not as rewarding listening to this particular song without the video to accompany it. Its funny how a band can become more well know for their choreography than the music they make (generally speaking)